14 December 2005

I'm into anagrams again. I've already told several people about my brilliant English essay, so obviously I will tell more people here:
Christmas


Crams shit.

Of course, that's not original. It gets exactly about 125 results in a Google search. That is how I measure the originality of my wordplay: I do a Google search. All of my ingenious plays on words have, up to now, yielded exactly 0 results in a Google search. Until now, I have not come up with an ingenious anagram of a common word that I thought was worthy enough to input into a Google search. I don't think any meaningful anagram of a common word could be unique enough to get exactly 0 results in a Google search, so that is a consolation. However, I certainly could come up with an anagram of a phrase that would get exactly 0 results in a Google search. It wouldn't even have to be a common phrase, since an uncommon phrase can carry much more strength than an uncommon word; and, there is so much more I could do with a phrase, compared to a word. Of course, it is more work, but I have just explained why this is a good thing.

I try to put clever plays on words into my blog entries. I usually can't input them into a Google search, because their meaning depends on the context of my entry. There is no way to input Context into a Google search. I wonder how many people pick up on these clever plays on words. I wish I had an example in this entry, but no opportunity has appeared so far for a clever play on words.

This is not a play on words, but it is just as good: Second paragraph, second sentence of this entry. In a draft of this entry I explained how that sentence makes sense. The explanation was lame, so I deleted it. As a justification-in-hindsight: if someone isn't capable of understanding the Second paragraph, second sentence, they probably would have been very confused by my would-be explanation and have read it without thinking, and then they would have thought they had read my entry completely. If I was not so cynical, I think I would be disgusted by this: that people could have thought they had read my entry without understanding the things most worth understanding. Of course, if I was disgusted by this, then I would be disgusted by average human behaviour. It's easier not to care. Though, I think everyone can understand this (and look, I even made a new paragraph):

Everything I say in my blog makes sense, and probably the more confusing something seems, the more brilliant it actually is.

16 Comments:

At December 17, 2005 9:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven Karp's Essays.

Stevy K.'s an ass preen.

 
At December 17, 2005 10:02 p.m., Blogger carpo said...

You replaced an "s" with an "n". Try again.

 
At December 17, 2005 11:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I'm an anagram freak too. Well, I remember a few I read in a book a few years back that are pretty cool. You probably have heard of THE EYES and THEY SEE, and THERE WE SAT and SWEETHEART, I really like how TEACHERS are CHEATERS; however, this one I DID get 0 results on google:

"To a merry Christmas and prosperous New Year."
becomes:
"Happy days return; no more scares or war times."

pretty cool huh?

 
At December 18, 2005 12:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt is back

anagrams are stupid, a waste of time, and computationally expensive to compute.

and you say poetry is a waste of time?

 
At December 18, 2005 1:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim is a little to enthusiastic for my likeing.

 
At December 18, 2005 10:39 p.m., Blogger carpo said...

That is very good. I will have to outdo you, sometime.

 
At December 18, 2005 10:41 p.m., Blogger carpo said...

Thank you Matthew for your unsubstantiated opinion and for begging the question.

Tim spelt correctly, used punctuation, and made only one grammatical error.

(I'm just stating facts.)

 
At December 19, 2005 7:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

While Stevy K.'s an ass preen is not an exact anagram of Steven Karp's Essays, I agree with the spirit of the attempt.

 
At December 19, 2005 9:25 p.m., Blogger carpo said...

So do I. Now I will conclude that you respect me regardless of whether or not you believe you agree.

 
At December 20, 2005 10:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion, but you certainly are an ass preen.

 
At December 20, 2005 10:55 p.m., Blogger carpo said...

Because I am proud to be an asshole. I'm not entirely clear on what a "preen" is.

 
At December 20, 2005 11:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try again.

Chronicles of past Me's

Crams shit; fool's pence.

 
At December 21, 2005 10:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven Karp =
STEVEN cARP =
Craven Pest

hmmm...interesting...

 
At December 21, 2005 10:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beat you there!
Steven Karp
Vet Spanker

 
At December 21, 2005 10:34 p.m., Blogger carpo said...

I do not think you can outdo Park Events Line. It has the spirit of the anagram on the higher level of words (as opposed to letters), as well.

 
At December 23, 2005 6:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steven Karp
Steven Krap
Carpo
Crapo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home